Monday, May 01, 2006

Stephen Colbert Speaking to a Dinner of the White House Press Correspondents

Whoa. Stephen Colbert really stuck it to 'em at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner. An actual quote: "To actually sit here, at the same table with my hero, George W. Bush, to be this close to the man. I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You know what? I'm a pretty sound sleeper -- that may not be enough. Somebody shoot me in the face. Is he really not here tonight? Dammit. The one guy who could have helped."

Here's the video. Here's the transcript.

1 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My older brother was at the dinner! The CEO of MSNBC couldn't make it and he went instead and got to watch the whole thing live. I'm so jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home