Friday, April 07, 2006

20060406: Seattle Art Walk


I walked around with Sung Kim (thanks for the wine, Sung!) and some of his friends last night at Art Walk. It was a nice time and I saw some great things. Two artists jumped out at me in particular, one in a visceral way and one in an appreciative professional sort of way.


The artist I enjoyed viscerally is named Michael Abegg and he had a space over in 619 Western. His art is posted directly with this blog entry. Not only is he an interesting painter, but he has put those paintings on to a series of windows which are great to look at and add a real dimesnion to his work. I have to aqdmit though, a couple of his "plain" paintings were also quite good.


The artist I enjoyed on a professional level is a gent named Nori Morimoto who is on display right around the corner from my work at the Catherine Person Gallery (319 Third Ave S, Seattle, WA 98104). His work is done in wood (the ones I liked were all in maple - that might be all he works in) and he has some amazing painstaking pieces he has done.


My favorites are posted over on flickr if you want to check them out


On a related side-note, there is a special reception to honor the artists (including Nori Morimoto) and Seattle Cherry Blossom and Japanese Cultural Festival on April 19th, 6-8 PM, at the Catherine Person Gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home