Monday, April 03, 2006

Whistler

I went to Whistler this last weekend with a large group of friends and new acquaintances. It was my first time snowboarding this year. For anyone that knows me, that's quite difficult to believe. This is my 18th season snowboarding (good golly that makes me feel old) and I've never ever done less than 10 days in a season. A couple of seasons ago, I had never been fewer than 20 times in a season. Alas, that's what happens when you get older and employed. Blarg. Well, now I'm excited and hope to make it up a couple more times for spring skiing. Kutta says he may be going up to Whistler again in a couple weekends. I might have to do that one too...

Had a great time, especially yesterday when the sun came out and Kutta, Haigh and I just yo-yo'd Whistler Peak over and over again in packed powder conditions. Lovely.

The best part about a ski trip is when you get home, go to the local coffee shop on the way in to work and have the girl behind the counter ask you how the snow was. I guess my goggle marks are still visible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home