Friday, February 16, 2007

The Digg Event for The Puget News

It's been a crazy couple of days. On Valentine's Day, a post on my other blog made it the front of Digg.com, diverting mass amounts of traffic onto my hosting provider in San Francisco. Shortly after that happened, I received a call from some of the folks down there (right as I was about to head to lunch) and they assisted me in the installation of a wordpress caching plugin that kept things up and available while my site was being flooded with traffic. Thank you Laughing Squid! You guys are awesome.

Some cool stats/info from the event:
  • my digg post currently has 2,316 diggs
  • feedburner is showing that my blog has 900 subscribers (from low double-digits before - I wouldn't be surprised to find that this is an error).
  • technorati is saying I now have 33 links from 28 blogs
  • Check out my traffic graph for February. The scale completely flattened all of my prior traffic:

It is absolutely amazing the kind of traffic those digg guys can drive. If I can just find high-quality material once every few months and get this to happen, my blog will do great!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home