Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Morning

I love the location of my new home. This morning was the first time I got up, put on the jogging gear and went for a run run on the Burke-Gilman trail. It was the first time I had been able to attempt a jog since injuring my hamstring tendon just prior to the Portland Marathon a few weeks ago.

It felt really good to be outside again. While there was a bit of a cold snap when I left the house, the moment I started running, my torso turned into it's normal "furnace-like" self and the sweet sounds of Coltrane's "A Love Supreme" on the iPod serenaded me down to Magnuson Park and back. My knee hardly whimpered, although it did pinch a bit once or twice on uneven terrain. Tomorrow, I want to jog the rest of the way down to U Village if the knee manages to stay unhindered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home