Sunday, December 24, 2006

Hiking Crestline to Twin Peaks

I hiked up from my aunt and uncle's cabin to the top of the nearby peak via an old eroded road with may downed trees. It's now nothing more than a local trail, illegal for vehicles to traverse. Despite living here for 12 years, nobody in the house had ever been up to the top via the trail. Whole not entirely surprising, that's kind of a shame as the road is beautiful and you get some great views out across the whole development of Crestline and the local lakes. It's also quite the thoroughfare for wildlife. I saw small cat and big cat tracks, bear tracks, and tons of birds. While I didn't bump into any other large mammals, you could tell they were out there. Bobcat sightings are so frequent, my family wouldn't let me leave the house until I agreed to sling a .38 on my hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home